homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patty's Day!




Yeah.. so we don't get too much "into" St. Patricks day. I think I was the only one who even wore green today! LOL... John picked up these goodies so he could be decked out at work yesterday (mostly to just be obnoxious!) - and of course the boys thought they were awesome so took turns dressing up. The first time john walked through the door with the whole get-up on I was laughing so hard! Isn't it too fun?!?


ok.. lots to update you all on. So yesterday was the day I finally made good on the promise of taking August and Seth to the RollerDrome. I got mixed up on the times and so once we actually got there, there was only 1 hour left for public skating. So I asked the lady at the front counter if she could give us a discount since we'd only be there for an hour... she did :) she only charged us for 1 admission and then the rollerblade rentals. OK, I hadn't been in skates for I don't know how long, and it took me a bit to get used to! It was actually an enjoyable time. There were only 2 other family's there and so we pretty much had the entire place to ourselves - in fact there was a time when I was literally the only skater! How exhilerating - to be going round and round the rink with the wind blowing your hair and 80's rock music blaring in the background.. ahhhh.. brings back memories! LOL. Acutally I was soooooo worried that I was going to biff it and land hard and hurt myself! I'm happy to report that I did not fall once - ran into the side walls a few times.. but never fell, so I left unsore - which was a plus! Since we didn't get to stay very long we decided to eat out for dinner (just the 3 of us). We decided upon IHOP - the boys were actually campaigning for the chinese buffet... but I *knew* that would be death for my WW plan! So here's a little picture of my boys enjoying the scrumptious stack of buttermilk pancakes! Also -- did you guys know that IHOP has a healthy menu? i sure didn't! They have several items that were 500-600 calories and low in fat... I ended choosing the Garden Spledor (or something like that) that had scrambled eggs made from egg beaters and full of all sorts of vegetables. It also came with 2 pancakes served with sugar free syrup! It was quite tasty. It came to 12 WW points (I still had like 21 points to use by this time... so was doing fine). Anyway... it was fun having a little "date" with my boys!


Next item of business: Ben is learning to ride a 2 wheeler without his training wheels! He inherited August's old bike last year but kept leaving it out after he was done and it kept getting run over! Anyway.. so he has been bike-less for a while. We have another bike (just his size) but no training wheels can fit onto it. So, he made the decision that he'd like to learn to ride it (he kept saying things like how the little neighbor girls wouldn't believe he could ride a 2 wheeler! - LOL)... So, John and him (and of course me with my camera...) spent a little bit of time outside learning a new life skill. He did quite well but was "done" with it after like 20 minutes... he was so proud of himself when he realized that dad had let go and he was riding all by himself. He's still not "good enough" to just be zipping around the cul de sac, but he's off to a great start! I even happened to be video taping the exact time when he was riding solo :)
We spent the day doing our weekly "Super Clean Saturday" - which I might add that they boys absolutley hate! oh well.. their room has to get cleaned at least once a week, right? I also neglected laundry this week so had a B.U.N.C.H. of loads to do today to get caught up! Well.. it's getting late and I need to go get everyone's church clothes all ironed up so they'll be ready for wearing in the morning. I was motivated to do it earlier this evening but our power went out (and was out for a couple of hours - so I entertained myself by watching episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter on John's Ipod - LOL). Now that the power is back on.. I'm not so motivated for ironing.. hmmph.

No comments: