homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 30, 2007

Blog challenge #10


Today's blog challenge is to tell about something that we collect... so here goes:

About 5 years ago, I started collecting LIGHTHOUSES. Pictures, wall hangings, plates, candle holders, and pretty much anything lighthouse related! I haven't added to my collection in a quite a while - although I still really like them :) I have them all in my kitchen - mostly up on the plant shelves. To me they just add a nice little "charm" to the home and are more than just a nice decoration... whenever I see them, I think of how they are a representation (at least to me) of the Light of Christ -- and just how seamen would follow the lighthouse on shore to protect them during turbulent times... it's the same in our lives... If we follow Christ, he will help us during turbulent times in our lives. Anyway, here's a pic of a few of my MANY lighthouses - LOL

8 comments:

sara :) said...

I collect Lighthouses too! Love them. I always knew you were cool... :)

Kimberly said...

i've always been fascinated with lighthouses (well...uh...anything ocean-related. doh!) lol.... beautiful collection! it represents something wonderful for you.

Joe Viljoen said...

A few more lighthouses http://lighthouses-of-sa.blogspot.com/

Rachael said...

What a great collection! I love lighthouses too! We usually buy a new small one when we go to the shore every summer.

Corinna said...

I love lighthouses!

Anonymous said...

I, also, love lighthouses.
I'd love to visit more of them.
We saw a few in WA-- but I think it would be fun to see all of them on the coasts. I have a little fantasy of living in one. I think it would be super cool (for like, a week).

Christi said...

Shandy, I love lighthouses too! I just love the contrast of the red against the blue sky and green/blue ocean.

ChrissyW said...

oooh love the reason you have a lighthouse collection!! - I collect - um.... templates?? lol