homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bringin' Back SWASS

So I'm driving down the freeway in Spokane last week in a rental, while on business, listening to the iPod with my staff. I was playing DJ and floating out some phat tunes. On a whim, I busted out some old school Mix-A-Lot and when the song, SWASS, came on, I knew my new mission in life:





I will single-handedly bring back the term SWASS.

examples:

"Yo, those suede pumas be Swass!"

"Man, if I looked any more Swass, it'd be illegal..."

"This #4 Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger combo meal is Swass!"

"Shandy, that new LO is Swass"

So in 1988, Sir-Mix-a-Lot released his album Swass. I'm pretty sure he formulated the term himself and it became synonymous with anything dope, hip, fresh, or funky. I don't think it ever really caught on but for a skinny adolescent white boy, sporting a mullet, it was da bomb-diggity.

My challenge, for you, SAHM's and other ladies, is to bust out the term Swass at the dinner table tonight. Let the old man now that you are down.

- John

3 comments:

ticee said...

John, you are feaking hilarious!!! I'm sure your mullet was totally swass, and I can picture you kickin it with your homies in Idaho.

Lynn said...

I think Shandy's new do is totally swass...

Anonymous said...

You're doing good work. Keep swass alive. I too just realized that swass needs a come back.