homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Update

Isn't that a segment on SNL?? Regardless, it's fits for this posts title :)

Thursday Ben lost one of his top teeth - he's been "working on it" for about 3 weeks and finally John said "let me wiggle it and see how loose it is..." and that was the end of it... he pulled it out in one swoop! That kind of stuff gives me the heebie jeebies but am glad the tooth is out! Here's a pic of him with his new smile :) He got $2 from the tooth fairy and spent it promptly the next day at the Halloween store on some halloween makeup....

John stayed home part of the day on Friday. I had gotten an email from JC Penny's advertising their 50% off clearance sale that was starting that day - so I ran down to the mall and got some amazing deals! (I also had a coupon for an additional 30% off - so it was really a steal!) I got clothes for next season (summer) and also a few additional items for the boys' winter wardrobe. I also was able to get the girl's Halloween costumes -- they are going to be...... STRAWBERRIES! The costumes are too adorable and I am excited to dress them up and do their Halloween photo shoot! Friday afternoon, I took Ben, Nathan and the girls for a little playdate with our old neighbor (Shaina) in Nampa. While we were there, Grandpa showed up (he was showing a potential renter our old house) and asked afterwards if we wanted to see inside of it (he had done lots of work to it and replaced the carpets and did some molding work and repainted it all -- it really looked sharp!) BUT.. it really made me appreciate all of the space we have in our current home! The bedrooms and bathrooms and kitchen (ok.. basically the whole house!) seems soooo confining. I feel so blessed that we have the means to live in a house that accomodates our large family! Saturday was a football game for Seth - John took some time off of drill to take him there - they lost again :( but they had a fun time. They also got rained on. Today is conference (which I've been excited for to be spiritually rejuvenated!)... the boys and I played "Family Fun" by Cranium this morning waiting for conference to start (we got it last year for Christmas and we just played it for the first time today! it was actually really fun and just like the name suggests - VERY FAMILY FRIENDLY.... it was Ben and I against August and Seth - who do you think won??)

and then when conference started (and the Tabernacle was singing the opening hymn) Nathan got him little blankie and went and perched himself in front of the TV and watched so intently... it was very touching. Of course that only lasted for about 5 min. and by the half way mark he had made his way into the other room to watch some cartoons. I'm glad that we recorded it so I can go back and really be able to listen (when john gets home) as I don't feel like I got as much out of it as I could have!.... after the morning session August made us pancakes for lunch - he's a really good pancake maker :) I did like listening to the Prophet and will close with some of his thoughts that touched me.... He told us that we need to find joy in the journey, create good memories for the future, and remember that what is most important involves the relationships we develop within our families and with our friends.

4 comments:

The Legg Fam said...

I loved conference as well !! I love bring uplifted and tought. I also love that Derrick and I don't have any church meetings. We get to spend the day together.We do a lot of talking, and learning . It is GREAT !!
The tooth thing. I know what you mean, so nasty !!

Melissa said...

Yay for Ben's tooth and score at JcPenney~good job! Can't wait to see the little strawberries :) We love Family Fun as well! That is such a cute picture of Nathan in front of Conference too! I used a bunch of your swass on my new blog~you are the best!!

Cindi said...

I only caught the part of conference when the prophet was talking about the same part that you loved. Me too, I think he was talking to me. I am excited to see the strawberry girls. I know you will have some fabulous pictures of them.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That was a good confrence but my kids distracted me A LOT, I think I missed the part you are talking about. Next year I think I'll chuck those packets, they seem to be more of a distraction if anything. I liked the part of conference where they said (can't remember who) to cherish the time with your kids because they grow up so quickly. That's a good lesson for me, I am always wishing they can be more responsible :)