homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vogt Boys go Urban!

This is going to very picture heavy (gotta let my mom see her grandkids :)
Anyway, lately I've REALLY REALLLY been wanting to try and Urban photo shoot with the boys but there never seems to be a good time (with football every night *except Wed - which is Scouts* and every Sat. full of games and BSU football, etc...) I haven't been able to do one. Well, yesterday the tides changed and were in my favor.... no football, Scouts was cancelled and John could come home early from work to stay with the younger 3. So.... after school (and quick haircuts!) we headed to downtown Boise (I hadn't scouted any locations out before hand because I didn't want to waste the gas) so I told the boys sort of what I was looking for and everyone kept their eyes peeled for good locations - and Boise is full of them!!!! We ran out of daylight before the boys were ready to go home (now that's a first! plus... I had to bribe them with going out to dinner afterwards if they cooperated - which was TOTALLY worth it for good attitudes and humoring me with posing for me)..... This is my first attempt at Urban and I think they turned out pretty sweet (it mostly has to do with the post processing to make the colors just POP off the photo). There might be a part 2 to this post - since I haven't finished processing all of the ones that I felt turned out....











16 comments:

Alli said...

LOVED them!! Love the bottom one and the one of August looking all serious! Wow - you are such a professional.

J.R., Amber, and Co. said...

Ok, so everything you do is so fabulous! Why do you have to be so great at everything???!!! Anyways, just wanted to comment on how you have 3 "miniature Johns" there. Well done!

Lynette said...

WOWZERS!!! Girl.....those are sooo cool! I have been wanting to do that with my kidlets too. Just haven't yet!!!

You have to teach me how you edit. Those are FAB!!!!

Leslie Ashe said...

Hi Shandy!!

I know it's been a while but I wanted to stop by and first off tell you CONGRATS on your new baby girls!! They're adorable!! SO excited for you and your family :)

YOUR photo's are SO GREAT!!
Totally Urban....you did GREAT!!!!!

Have a great rest of the week,
Leslie Ashe

Amy Springen said...

Those turned out so amazing Shandy! Great job!! That was so perfect that your boys were such good sports...it definitely paid off!!!!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Great pictures! Where was that???

Kristy said...

love them!! Those look great. I love taking pics of my kiddos but they are not always that coopperative!

Amy said...

Those are great! But with the whole "urban" theme I was hoping for some real homeboy shots of your boys! But alas, no backwards caps and gang signs. Boo! Oh well! ;)
The shots look great!
You are a wonder woman Girly!

Lisa said...

Woohoo! Okay some I'm late to the station, you are updating your blog again regularily. YAY!

Oh and I love the pixs...waht a handsome "gang" you have there!

Kerrie said...

What a fun idea to go Urban. And more fun that your boys were so into it. It totally makes the picture. Man, after looking at all your pictures, I totally got a get photoshop. I didn't know you could do so many cool things with it. I'm so behind in times. Great Job!!!!

Dina said...

These are fun, I so love the colors. Cute kids.

Amber said...

August looks so much like John! Wow the pictures are great, need you to show me how to POP the colors. You are amazing:)

The Legg Fam said...

The pictures are great!! The boys are so handsome, and grown up. You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

are you freakin kidding me!! those ROCK!! I don't know how you are so dang creative- what a gift. I'm thinking it's hard enough to get an appointment made at JCPenney's. Thanks for the inspiration!! I really need to learn from your example!!!!!!!! I just can't believe how grown up they are lookin- all I remember is those cute boys in Primary- now look at them!! It's awesome!! Love Ya!

Cindi said...

Great job Shandy! The colors really do pop! Loved them all!

Heather Leigh said...

Wow Shandy- I found your blog through Alli's, hope you don't mind...I wanted to get caught up with you and your kiddos. Your pics are awesome! The boys are growing up so fast! Ladies, look out! Tell Gus we said Hi!!