homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We have LIFT OFF!

heheheh... ok, I thought the title fit with my posts theme today because my little side business of photo editing/custom designs is officially launched! This is the image I created for the header at the new site...
I decided to name it Photo Flattery and you can click THIS LINK to see it. After I had decided to pursue this (and more particularly decided upon the price of a basic enhancement for just $5/photo) I thought I'd google "photo enhancement" and see what came up... I was SHOCKED!!! holy cow people - 99% of the sites I looked at were a minimum of $30 for a basic touch up and went all the way up to almost $100!! yes, that's $100 for one photo! Anyway, I'm keeping my prices as I originally intended for several reasons - but the biggest being --

Most people are like myself - we have families to take care of, we have obligations and we're not professional photographers (and we don't have $100 to spend on one photo!) but we DO want our pictures to look their best and possibly even use our snapshots as art in our homes.

So yeah, I'm up and running and I want to thank ALL of you that sent me photos (if you don't see yours up on the site - please don't be sad... I got an overwhelming response and didn't end up needing all of them (so just consider it a nice little bonus freebie from me :)


I'll be back soon with an update on the family -- the little twincesses had their checkups this week and so I'll report on their stats :) Until then...

4 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I went to your new website and I think it looks AMAZING! I would love to start taking my own shots (instead of taking the kids to a sudio) and then inhancing them later.

Leslie Ashe said...

Ok amazing AMAZING site Shandy!!! CONGRATS to you!! :) Good luck with your fun new endeavor!

Thank you so much for your sweetness you left on my blog!!
Hugs to you and I hope you and your precious family have a wonderful weekend!

Handsfullmom said...

Great site! good luck with it all.

The Marshall Family said...

That is so fun! YOu do amazing work. I loved looking at your site. I hope it all goes great for you. Maybe one of these days I will take a photo worth sending to you!