homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Six year olds and Michael Jackson

John here.

So I'm driving down the street with August, Seth, and Ben in my truck. Ben's riding shotgun with the other two in back. Ben asks to put on his playlist that he has built on my iPod. I'm more than happy to oblige but then I see the first song is Thriller by Michael Jackson. I quickly skip over it and move on to some Britney Spears.

He is digging on the tunes when he says, "Hey, the first song is pretty good, too." Now, I'm in no mood for Michael Jackson this afternoon nor am I ever in the mood for Michael Jackson (or Weird Al for that matter, do ya hear me Shandy?!?!?) so I state matter of factly, "Ben, I don't like Thriller and I don't like Michael Jackson so we will not be listening to him." This piques Ben's interest and he begins to pester me on why I don't like Michael. I have no desire to get into the whole discussion about how he's a freak and a molester so I finally tell him that Michael's not a very good person and he does things he shouldn't.

Ben's response, "Oh, I get it, he's had a brush with the law."

Where does he pick these things up?

3 comments:

Lynette said...

ok now that is funny!!! Ben is a very funny kid!!!

Anonymous said...

I downloaded Thriller album from iTunes over the weekend and it popped up on my iPod just now. Hey, I'm a girl from the 80s and this was one of the first albums I bought with my own money! But it totally made me think of John's blog post.
You've gotta listen to Thriller during Halloween - if nothing else than for the Vincent Price laugh!!

BCoburn said...

I am not sure what is worse the fact that you Michael Jackson on your itunes at all or the fact that you have all of Brittany's entire album collection. This story was doomed from the start. poor Ben.