homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Donuts down the drain & a fun contest

Fall is in the air and I love it!!!! So I endeavored to dive into some homemade goodness (to take to the gals I VT -- so if I VT you... please don't read this - hehehhe)... so here it is the end of the month... and I still have 2 sisters left to visit and so I thought I'd make homemade doughnuts for them! Maybe it was more for me - doughnuts are my weakness - LOL... but Melissa S. had posted on her incredible blog (I highly recommend you guys check her out! - we used to do carpool together to preschool before we each moved - miss ya Melissa!) anyway, she posted some step by step instructions on how to make these homemade donuts - simple, easy and YUMMY!!! So we make up like 80 PLUS the donut holes (we figured we'd take them to our neighbors too and the people John home teaches, etc...) so get them all made and put onto the plates and then (thinking I'm soooo very smart) I put saran wrap over them to help prevent little boys from sneaking into them (they had cooled a good 45 min. or so...) but sadly that wasn't enough... I went back to look at my beautiful creations about an hour later and noticed all of the powdered sugar was no longer visible... then I saw it. the condensation. I was sad. so my yummy, homemade treats became a soggy, rubbery dough mess... I took the wrap off to let them "dry back out" but now they're a re-dried rubbery donut... so any of you who I VT and are reading this... just know I was thinking of you the whole time I was making these and you'll just have to enjoy the photo! OK.. now onto the contest: I found this photo from a few years back -- my side of the family LOVES Halloween! it's a serious love affair! So I was fortunate to be able to celebrate this holiday with them when the boys and I were staying with them while John was in Iraq -- Myself and each of my siblings carved a pumpkin (yes.. we are very detailed! LOL) and here are our stash of carved vegetation -- pretty sweet, huh?
so the contest is...
GUESS WHICH PUMPKIN I CARVED...
post your guesses in the comment section and I'll radomly draw a "winner" from those that guess correctly for a free photo edit (I couldn't really think of a coolio prize - so I'll pretty up a picture for ya ;) I'll leave the *voting* open until Friday.... (and yes, I promise I did carve one of the pumpkins below :)

12 comments:

The Legg Fam said...

I say the scary lady

Melissa said...

Oh, I am so sorry about the donuts! They have never lasted over an hour in our house, lol! It was such a worthy effort and a great story, though! Hmmmm...I pick the one on the very far right~the witch stirring the cauldron.
Melissa

Sara said...

I pick the one on the far left with the man holding his head!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I also pick the far right pumpkin, the witch stiring. I think you are so talented that you would pick the hardest one to do.

Sorry about the donuts, I hate when something good goes SO wrong. I bet they all loved them anyway.

Cindi said...

Even though you already visited me, was I going to get your yummy treats?! :O) I pick the pumpkin on the left, the man holding his head. They are all awesome! I see the talent runs in the entire family.

Busy Lady said...

Too sad about the donuts. Did you get to try any of them before they deflated? Cool pumpkins. I think you made the one of the "shapely" lady standing in the fire. I love it!! Our pumpkins are always so traditional. We need to learn from you guys how to do it the cool way.

Unknown said...

It's a toss up, between the headless man and the decked out Vamp. I vote for the skinny lady.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to guess the bats...sorry about your donuts

Alli said...

I guess the bats too.

Lynette said...

ok....I am late...thanks for the reminder!!!

My vote is the second one....the lady in the fire!!! I think John did the last one....just a guess!!!

Suzy said...

I am Amy's sister...I remember you from our FHE group in Idaho. I was looking for the recipe for those doughnuts. They look yummy. Anyway, I think you did the skinny witch in the fire. Just a guess! Your kids are darling by the way.

Kerrie said...

I'm going to say the skinny lady in the fire. But those are some awesome pumpkins. By the way, you girls look "berry" cute in their little outfits.