homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekend Update... Tag.. and a Halloween Party

Yes, I realize the week has about hit its halfway mark and I am just now getting caught up on the weekend stuff! There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day (I think most of us feel that way, right?!) Anyway, it was a SUPER CRAZY busy weekend. It started off with Friday John heading down with his buddies for the BSU game. John's best friend, Sam (the one just to the left of him) lives in CT and John surprised him and flew him out for the game - so they really wanted to give him the whole "feel" of it so they went down around noon to tailgate and get all painted up. It was also our ward's Halloween party but I didn't feel like it would be wise to go solo with all 6 -- the boys were so bummed that I farmed them out to some of their friends family - so they got to go and I stayed home with the 3 younger ones. They were all in bed by 6pm so I had some nice quiet alone time!John's sister recently got engaged to an awesome guy and they asked me to take their engagement photos. They really liked the urban look that I did with the boys so we met up on Saturday afternoon and took T.O.N.S. of photos! They are both so cute and very photogenic! I told them that I was not a professional and if they had low expectations then they would be pleased with the outcome... but if they went into it with high expectatations then they would be disappointed - LOL... anyway, here are a few of the ones that I particularly liked. There were so many that turned out cuter than cute I don't know how they're going to decide... (but that is much better than only having 1 to choose from!) We shot photos until about 6:30pm when I figued I had plenty enough to "work with" and needed to get home and get ready for the Deeble's annual Halloween party (we're glad we're still invited even though we moved away! heeee). We had already told them we'd be late but it took John forever to get his Terminator costume all perfect -- of course I was done in about 10 min - LOL.... I think he looked pretty cool! Of course it was loads of fun and I was pretty much most excited because I got to see Alli's new house! it's soooo gorgeous and I'm so happy for them - I also got to tour Christy's new house right next door - and again - such a beautiful home and I'm so glad you both have such big, new homes for your families! So back to the party - we played some games, visited (loved it!) and of course partook of some sugary goodness - which in turn gave me a sugar headache - LOLok.. I've been tagged a few times for different things... this particular tag comes from my awesome cousin Amber! you guys know the drill -- 4th folder, 4th pic... well, I decided to head to my backed up photos to see what the 4th and 4th would produce and wow - another BSU pic! This was when John and his buddies (the same ones from the above photo) usually have "themes" for their face paint...as you can see from this photo - the theme was KISS. This was last Nov. at the BSU vs. ID game (and I was 3.5 months pregnant with the twins - but didn't know it yet - heheheh)... I think this is a fun tag (because I love seeing everyone's "hidden" photos they have on their computer!) so anyone reading this that wants to participate -- please do!
so that was our Friday and Saturday.... I need to update about the week so far but will have to do that next time... my pillow is calling me!

3 comments:

Busy Lady said...

I love the Halloween costumes! You guys are too cute. Your husband is so adventurous with all of that paint and the "Kiss" picture is too much. I have to show it to my hubby, it will certainly get a laugh. I see you are going "pro" with the pictures! See I told you, you are good!

Kristy said...

Love your costumes! I must have missed you guys. I was at the party early and left early (since my date was Lilly). Sounds like you had a busy weekend!!

The Legg Fam said...

Looks like a great time. Sory we missed it. But with me down with the flu, and Derrick had to go to Target it just wasn't going to happen. Looks like a fun weekend.