homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2008
My Great-Great Grandmother was born on Thanksgiving day and was subsequently named Thankful -- kind of a fun fact from me today :)
Lots of things I am incredible thankful for in my life but 1 that doesn't get publically thanked (enough) is that I'm thankful for Good Visiting Teachers! Since moving into this ward 16 months ago I have been blessed to have had awesome Visiting Teachers! There's been a few partner changes in that time, but Val Ross has remained constant -- she goes beyond the required once a month visits and I really feel like I could call if ever I needed her help! The area that I really wanted to touch on was that she helps me every single sunday at church with the babies! I have never asked her - she just comes and parks next to me during Releif Society and takes over when I have to go play the piano. she always does this with a smile on her face too! There's even Sundays when her husband takes their little girl (almost 1) to EQ and then she STILL comes and helps me out - even though she could sit and listen and really get something out of RS... so for that I am truly grateful! She is just so thoughtful and fun and I know that Heavenly Father had a hand in inspiring the RS leaders to have me be assigned to her! Thank You Val!! Besides - she gives rockin' haircuts - and for that I'm grateful for too! Anyway, my VT's brought this super duper cute Turkey Pumpkin (that you see up above in the photo) and I've just loved it! It was even our centerpiece for our Thanksgiving Dinner - yippee!!

6 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie and Lindsey said...

Totally cute turkey I agree! I am also thankful for visiting teachers (and partners too). I really am learning to love all of the sisters in our ward. I think that's awesome that Val helps you so much. I totally believe that Heavenly Father bless' us with visiting teachers that will meet our individual needs.

Busy Lady said...

I love my visiting teachers too!! They are so much better at it than I am, I have a lot to learn! I love the pictures you took on the post below, those were really awesome!!

Unknown said...

I mean no offense, but I thought at first your VTer had to be older b/c she was so awesome. But then you mentioned she had a one year old. Wow! Wish I was that good. Or maybe, just that the people I VT knew I would help if I knew what they needed, I'm just generally clueless. PS-a turkey like that has been on my project board for at least two years. Maybe someday.

Rummfor5 said...

In all my years of marriage, I've only had VTs a few times (it seems most of the time I'm not assigned any? Which, is ok if there is a shortage. But is this common?). But I had one pair in WA who were so so awesome. I love them dearly to this day for the compassionate, thoughtful, and genuine love they showed me and my family. We're still good friends :)
Good VTs are truly gifts from HF :)
Glad you have some who love you-- but that's easy to do.

Handsfullmom said...

Very cute pumpkin. It is nice when people willingly help out rather than just say, "Let me know if you need anything."