homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

new teeth, getaways & face paint


It's official - my little girls are getting teeth! I knew they'd been teething for a while now but at a baby shower on Saturday one of my friends said "hey, I just saw a tooth!" I was like "what?!"... sure enough.. little Lexi had a tooth popped through! Aubrie is right there with her -not quite erupted yet - but a definite bump and whiteness trying to show through... so I'd imagine any day now... They've done really well with it and so I'm conting my lucky stars! ID twins usually get their teeth within days of each other so I'm antcipating A's real soon!
**Update: as I was putting Aubrie to bed I saw that her tooth is in too!**



As you all know - yesteray was Veteran's Day -- Thank you to everyone (including John and myself - hehehhe) for sacrificing your time and service for the sake of our great country! Several local businesses were showing their gratitude with extending their products for free to military personnel -- The Anniversary Inn being one of them... So... John and I got to sneak away for an awesome getaway. We only had to sneak the girls into the room in our suticases and pray they didn't cry (since children aren't allowed) -- JUST KIDDING! (sorry, couldn't resist that one - LOLOLOL)... Actually John's mom (who is the Ultimate Mother In Law!) came and stayed the night with our children and got them all ready and off to school this morning while John and I slept in until 9am and had a wonderful breakfast in bed =)..... Just in case any of you are curious - we stayed in the lighthouse room -- oh, we also went to the Olive Garden for dinner the night before -- Spending some good quality alone time with John was really wonderful! Thanks again, grandma for watching the kids overnight!



Also this past weekend was another BSU game - Here's what the guys decided to go as this week.... They have been painting up since the 2004 season (so I have many pics over the years of the different artisitc face paintings... and have been working on a post with some of my favorites through the years... so stayed tuned for that one!).... After the game John and Brent started jammin' out to Rock Band -- I'm telling ya - it's quite the sight to see 2 grown men in their 30's with orange and blue face paint on beating on the drums and singing at the top of their lungs to "Dirty Little Secret"! I even got some video of it - but thought I'd spare them the embarasment - hehehe - but yes, quite the entertainment! And then if that wasn't enough... when grandma brought the older boys back from going to Disney on Ice -- I guess the cotton candy came in a bag with a crown around it and when the boys got home - anyway, John had crashed on the couch - and Ben went and put the crown on his head -- I about died laughing! isn't that the best!? Anyway.. enjoy the pics =)


8 comments:

Kerrie said...

Oh, I feel for you when you have two that are getting teeth at the same time. Hopefully, it will be as painless as these first ones. Fun getaway. We need days like those as well. (= looks like you have a fun family. I love keepin' up on your posts.

Alli said...

Awesome pictures!! Joel is going to try and get season tickets too so he can hang with the guys! He's missed it this year.

Alli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette said...

Hehehehe...LOVE the pic of John with the crown on! That one made me giggle out loud!

TEETH???? No...they were just born! Really....tell them NO to teeth!!!

Glad you got to escape to Cascade. Love the Ashley Inn. Granted I have only been with Sydney....but it is loverly!!!

The Legg Fam said...

So glad the teething thing is going smoothly so far. The girls are so cute!! I could just wrap them up and bring them home. The get away sounds like fun. Derrick and I usually stay at the A.I once or twice a year. Our favorite room so far is the Mcall, although the hayloft comes in a close second.The only one we have stayed in that we didn't like was the ice cave. Just not us.
The kids are at Visions Charter school. It's right off of hwy 20/26 just past middlton rd.We love it. Today, they all came home talking about the science and art projects they did in their classes. Right now it goes up to the 8th grade, but they add a grade every year.

Lynette said...

ok...DOH!!! Just realized you were at the Anniversary Inn, NOT The Ashley Inn...so, I HAVE NEVER been there.

I feel pretty smart right about now!!!

Unknown said...

You sure never lack for laughter in your house. It's a good thing. I loved the sleeping beauty pic too. He's good to let you share them.

IkeaGoddess said...

I can't believe the twins are getting teeth already, time sure does fly.
Glad you got the chance to have a romantic get-away with John and without the kids. It's the perfect way to spice up your life.
Now about that video you have of the singing & drum-beating men with face paint: what do I have to do or pay that you youtube it? I'll beg too: please, pretty pretty please ;-)