homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holy SOCKS Batman!!

ok.. I don't know about any of you... but when it comes to the laundry - I HATE socks!! I got so tired of not having matches making it out of the laundry together that I started a "sock drawer" (way back in like March) where I would stash all of the socks that didn't have a match after they came out of the dryer. Well, that sock drawer turned into 2 sock drawers and before it could grow into a "sock dresser" I decided it was time to put them all together... So I dumped all of the mateless socks onto the middle of the floor (ok, originally I dumped them on my bed but then had to move them down to the floor since I didn't get to them on that day - yikes!) and so I attempted to match some up this morning with the girls rolling around in them - wasn't working either... so I STILL have a mound of socks in my room.... anyone find pleasure in matching up socks? If so... come on over! I'm thinking that will be a super fun *game* for the boys!


John's idea - throw these all away and just buy all of the same socks from now on so there will always be matches! At this point.. I'm liking that idea! why do socks have to be so expensive for that plan to work?

9 comments:

Alli said...

I know your pain my friend - I also hate matching and folding socks - and there's only four of us !!!

Lynette said...

Not a bad idea!!! My kids are so hard on socks they never last long enough to multiply into an huge sock mountain. Good luck climbing yours! Maybe bride your boys with milkshakes??? Tell them you will pay them 5 cents for every matched pair of socks??? Don't know girl!!! But good luck!!!

Love ya!!!

Sara said...

That's what we do with Sam's socks and it works like a charm. Also there are always good deals for Socks on Black Friday. I've noticed that Freddy's usually has their socks at least 50% off on that day! Good Luck and may all your sock wishes come true!

Unknown said...

You are too cute. We have that problem too. Lately, Parker is always out of socks so we tell him to wear Peter's. Then Peter is out of socks and he wears Parker's.

Handsfullmom said...

I actually don't mind matching socks too much -- it's an easy job to do while watching TV. We keep a basket in the laundry room of un-matched socks. I pull it out every couple of months, match what I can, and put the rest back. Every six months or so, I just toss out the ones without mates. I love the picture you posted!

Amber said...

Ha I have a sock basket full also! I hate matching socks. I really like John's idea on getting all the same socks. Now if I could just figure out how to keep the kids socks from getting holes in them in a week. :)

IkeaGoddess said...

LOL, I share your pain.I have a single sock bag too. I always get Damien to help me. After all it is kind of like doing a puzzle :-)
Chris' brother actually turned John's idea into reality a couple years ago. The problem is, you have to choose a sock model that you will be able to buy for years to come.
It really sounds like a good idea for saving one's sanity. However I'm beyond that point and on some days I just grab into the sock bag and pick the first two that are my size. So if you ever see someone in front of you with one pink flowered sock and one b/w striped, it could be me.

Laurie Nelson said...

You MUST go to the Fred Meyer Friday sale after Thanksgiving. Their socks are on sale for 50% off. All their socks---women's, men's, kids, church, sports, etc. I just buy all my boys the same brand socks. I match them by length. If they wear different socks on each foot the only way to tell is by how far it goes up their ankle.

The Legg Fam said...

My kids go though socks like candy. My question is how and why are boys so much harder on socks. It seems like Porter always has holes in his socks. We do good at keeping them in pares. We just have a hard time with " Holy" socks.