homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Behind the Scenes

another milestone day... the girls have been with us exactly 9 months today :)
I don't know if you guys are like me - but at every "age marker" I think back and say "oh, exactly at this time I was being wheeled into the OR.... or at this exact time we were recovering in the room with our new babies" etc... that correspond with the appropriate times - and this day was no different :) It's been an aboslutle wonderful 9 months! They got off on their sleep schedules this morning (so they took opposite naps - ugh... oh well...) so when I was taking pics, Lexi was asleep (and then when she woke up, Aubrie was not a happy gal... so I didn't get any of them together today -- hmph. and yes, that makes me a little sad.....) But here is a super cute one of my 9 month old Aubs.... I also wanted to take just a moment and share a little "behind the scenes" of taking pictures of the girls. I get asked all the time how I get photos of both of them looking good (a lot of these comments come from moms of other twins who know how difficult this is!) For instance, this picture below -- (I think) it's really cute of both the girls and I personally love it! And this is what I show people - and they assume I've take 1-2 photos and picked the best one and voila...

that is so not the case - LOL.... so for some evidence I put together this little visual of what the majority of the photos look like when I download them... My favorite one is the bottom left where they're both going in opposite directions (and this is very common!) - especially now that they are both mobile - LOL. The truth of of it is -- whenever I decide to take the girls photos (not just the everyday snapshots - but the ones of them together just looking cute ;) - it usually takes a (minimum) of 20 mins and about 100 shots and I end up with about 8-10 that I like/keep. It would REALLY be helpful to have 2 additional people to help (and sometimes I bribe the older boys to help) so that each baby has someone to place her while I get the camera ready (vs. me trying to get both of them positioned, then get the camera ready - and by that time... one has inevitably moved! heheheh) oh, well, when I'm done I'm out of breath and worn out from all the work... but it's worth it to me to have some fun memories of the girls in these early months :)

and then 2 of the ones that I like :)


8 comments:

Cindi said...

See you are so talented. Great picture of Aub. Hey and I loved the ones of Paige. I used them for her 4 year old picture. Thanks again!

Lynette said...

Aubrie is getting soo big...I LOVE the curled tongue and her curled up toes! Soooo cute!!! I think you are a rock star!!! FOR REALS!!!

Rummfor5 said...

first off, you need to take photos.
Of people. For people. Of children most especially, imo. . .
:) I LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!
You're making me weepy a bit for another baby. . .they are sooooooooo cute !!!!
I love the first one -- her lil tongue and her TOES! curly toes! I love curly toes!! I can not resist the curly toes :)
and the one where they are crawling off, in OPPOSITE directions. HEE!! that's so classic of babies nad kids. . .
I hope you frame these all together like this and hang them in your house! they're gorgeous.
and take more photos for people. and charge money and make money taking photos of people and people's little people.
seriously woman. you gotta do it.

Amber said...

Hi Shandy! Remember me? I saw your link from Jin and Jeniele's site and had to come look! YOU ARE JUST AMAZING!!! You have talent just oozing out of you. I love it! Your family is so cute and growing so much. It is so good to see some of the families that we were close to when we lived in Nampa! Keep in touch! Maybe a touch of your creativity will rub off some day :)
Amber Swann

Kristy said...

THey are getting so big! I am glad to see those fun shots and know that your kids are like mine and don't always looks at the camera! How fun to see..thanks!

Busy Lady said...

Those girls of yours are just so stinkin' cute! I think you just truly have photogenic children. Thanks for the behind the scenes clip though, it makes those of us who are clueless photographers feel better. I can't believe they are 9 months old, where does the time go?!

The Legg Fam said...

I can not belive how big the girls are. They are SO cute. I love all the pictures.

Melissa said...

What an amazing photo shoot! Are those your floors they are sitting on?? What a perfect background and their outfits are to die for!