homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eat Your Heart Out, Lynette

John, here with today's post....
Saturday, Vinnie Perretta was at the Blue and Orange Store to sign autographs. August, Seth and I headed out and got in line about 45 mintes early. By the time Vinnie showed up, the line was probably about 300 deep. We got some posters signed and the boys thanked Vinnie for everything. Vinnie has been a class act the whole way and really embodies what it means to be a Bronco. He has always been very gracious and accomodating to fans. At the end of every game, many of the players will file past the South End Zone and shake hands with and high-five the fans. Over the past few years, Vinnie has been one of the faithful that does this each game. He has also given each boy one of his wrist bands after the game. The boys were grateful for that and we will be sorry to see him go. We wish him luck with his future endeavors. As to the title of the post...Shandy's good friend Lynette has had quite the Vinny P crush for quite a while. I'm guessing she'll be kicking herself for not making it.





6 comments:

Lynette said...

Thanks for the heads up!!! Sheesh!!! I would have come and waited in line too. Though...I think he would remember me from the "Beat Pete" race this spring...when I told him I was his biggest fan and showed him my "Vinnie" Sweatband! He was kind enought to pose for a pic but I am pretty sure I freaked him out! Hehehehe! Oh well.

And yes...I am jealous!!!

Alli said...

From Joel - not Alli...
Gus - nice post! I know what you mean about VP. He was a class act all the way. Ty and I feel the same about Joe Bozikovick.

That is part of what makes being a Bronco fan so fun.

The Legg Fam said...

Derrick would have love to have gone. Unfortunatly he had this thing called work. So glad you guys got to go.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Hey Shandy, I dropped off your pirze in front of your house yesterday (in the carseat). I hope you got it. Let me know- Jamie

Anonymous said...



Gus


Would it not surprise you if Vinny's middle initial wasn’t: "I"---(V.I.P.)...? However, it wouldn't fit well with his selfless attitude and "team first" mentality.


Sweet Pic's


Jim-

Amy said...

How Fun! Chad and the boys went a few times to the autograph signings at the Blue & Orange store. They loved doing that. Between those and the Blue & Orange game in the spring they got quite a few autographs. But I think VP was one of the few they never got the chance to get.
Seeing this makes me miss home. The Blue and Orange here just isn't quite the same...