homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Did you hear??...

That apparently, if I were an animal - I'd be a ... BOBCAT! Now how do I know this? It's quite simple really, the cashier at the dollar store informed me of this on Saturday evening.
It was quite the conversation - I had gone to the dollar store to pick up some balloons for August's birthday party and upon checking out the cashier (who was a boy I'm guessing to be around 18-19 years old) told me that if he could he would live in the water and that if he were an animal, he'd be an Otter... to which I kindly replied "oh, that's sounds cool"... and then he asked what type of animal I was... I had no answer so then he began to question my likes and dislikes and what temperment I had and if I could get angry sometimes, etc, etc.. (yes, I swear this is all true!) and as my last item was checked and put into the bag he had come up with my perfect animal counterpart... the bobcat! Just thought you'd all like to know who you're really dealing with - LOL

So after I left there, I got home and we got ready for the extra boys that would be arriving soon for pizza, junk food, cake, ice cream and things of that nature... John was brave enough to take them all to the movies after they were overloaded on sugar and had been rocking out to Rockband! We surprised August and had a cake specially ordered for him. We found the basis of the Star Wars graphic online and then I tweaked it a bit and customized it to be for August and then had Pastry Perfection screenprint it on the cake (and let me tell you... it was DELISH! it was chocolate with rasperry filling - YUM!!) When we pulled out the cake August sure thought it was the coolest cake he'd seen!


and then I'm pretty excited that we are on the ball this year (truthfully, we do our taxes in January each year) but I'm happy to report that our taxes are done, sent and we're eagerly awaiting our moolah!










4 comments:

Cindi said...

You rock Shandy!! on so many different levels. The cake is awesome. I believe you are a bobcat, quiet but paying attention ready to leap and protect at any minute. I thought Scott was persistent on getting taxes done in Feb, but you win having them done in January.

The Legg Fam said...

Wow, the cake was so cool.
Glad to know you are a bobcat, I can see it. I wonder what I am? What dollar store did you go to, I wonder if the young man could read my palm as well as tell me what kind of animal I am.
We are still waiting on my W-2 so we can start on our taxes.It would be great to have them finished by the end of the month.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Done with taxes already??? I don't think we've ever had them done this early. We are still waiting for all the things to trinkle in, in the mail. The cake looks so awesome! Dallin would have LOVED something like that for his birthday. I can see you as a Bobcat too. I think this kid has a new job!

Busy Lady said...

A bobcat huh?! Interesting, I will have to go to the dollar store to get analyzed. I'm thinking I would probably be a monkey! The party looks like too much fun. Oh by the way my December 31st boy was born at 12:30 in the afternoon, my hubby had to have the tax write off. Lucky you guys getting your taxes done. Good for you!!