homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

a belated Merry Christmas!! Just a quick post... we ventured out to my parents in Nebraska for Christmas this year (we will get to the plane rides in another post.. but needless to say - we shant be doing any more traveling for at least another 4 years!) My older brother and his family stayed Christmas Eve with us as well so there were a total of 16 people that needed to have spots for christmas in the living room! Here is a picture on Christmas Eve that I took.... it all worked out and it was really great being all together! On christmas day both my younger brother and his family and my little sister and her husband joined us so it was quite the full house! We sang songs and had a talent show which inevitably resulted in a RockBand concert! Us girls decided to form our own girlband and it was quite the sight for the boys to see their grandma rocking out on the guitar! (and yes... we sacrificed packing clothing so we could fit the whole set up of Rockband into our suitcase!!!) -- oh and don't mind all of the background paraphenalia in the photo - my dad is a HUGE Civil War/Revolutional War/Mormon Battlaion re-enactor and their entire basement is his *museum* ;) That's my SIL on the drums and Johnny kicking it back on the couch. We haven't all been together in several years and it has really been a treat for us all to hang out!
Merry (belated) Christmas!

14 comments:

Cindi said...

Shandy that is awesome! Can't wait to hear about the plane ride. Looks and sounds like you had a blast with your family. Happy New Year!

Alli said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a Merry Christmas!!! I want to hear about the plan ride (hee,hee).

Christy said...

Merry Belated Christmas to you too! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Can't wait to hear about the plane ride.

IkeaGoddess said...

Wow, what a spectacular Christmas photo. I wish you a very happy New Year.

Lynette said...

WOW!!! That is ALOT of presents!!! Pretty cool. I bet all the kids had a blast! Glad your trip was good!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow, that's a lot of gifts. I am glad you are having such a great time with your family.

Busy Lady said...

Looks like you had a great time, but I know what you mean about traveling at Christmas time. We don't do it anymore because traveling at that time with that many kids is such an event! I love the shot of the living room on Christmas morning, it looks like Santa's workshop! Wow!!!

J.R., Amber, and Co. said...

Oh please, I need email addresses for your bros & sis so I can send them my belated xmas letter. Please email me when you have the time! Love ya! Tell them all hi in Nebraskee!

Amber said...

Well that explains why when I went to your house to deliver you some goodies, you were not home;) It looks like you had a fun time. I am glad you got to go see your family. Can't wait to hear about the plane ride.

Handsfullmom said...

Such a fun picture!

The Legg Fam said...

So glad you guys had a good Christmas!! Hope your new years was great as well.

val said...

I guess I wasn't ready for christmas to end. Reading everyone's christmas adventures is choking me up. I just love hearing about family friends and good times. Glad you made home safe. We missed you at 8 30 church.

Amber said...

WOW! So glad you had a great holiday:) YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!

Rummfor5 said...

during this flight 3 stewardess' came back and said "we heard there was a family of 8 on board and we just had to come look at it!"
**That made me laugh so hard. So long. Now I don't need to do my crunches! Thank you!
The girls are delicious in their, well everything they wear.
The boys handsome. I CAN NOT Believe August is 12. wow! Except my girl is 12, so I have to believe it :)
WHAT A Fun holiday!! :)
all but those plane rides. eeks.