homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

5 months old

Aubrie and Lexi turned 5 months old yesterday! I had planned on posting this yesterday but John has been out of town for the past 6 days (he'll be home this evening - hooray!) and being a single mom to 6 is quite exhuasting! (and can I just add that I am SO GRATEFUL that we only had 3 boys when he was deployed to Iraq - hehehe). Alright... back to the subject... so when we found out there were 2 baby girls in the womb I was scared and excited and thrilled and aprehensive all at the same time. I didn't know what to expect and since I wanted to be realistic - John and I prepared ourselves for months of sleep deprivation, screaming babies and preemies. I don't know HOW we got blessed so much - but we did and brought home 2 BIG babies who don't scream and who are very good sleepers :) oh, and who are VERY cooperative to let me dress them up and pose them on a daily basis - LOL. No new milestones happened this month and I haven't taken them to the DR's to know their current weight but I do have some pictures to share of them (shocker, I Know!) Lexi is still rolling around while Aubrie is content to just grab her feet and sway back and forth... and they are both starting to drool big time so we'll see if any little teeth will show up in the next month or so (August was 4 months when he got his first tooth and Nathan was almost 9 months ... so we'll see which one they follow after more closely :)
oh, and I also wanted to comment on their outfits -- right after we had the ultrasound, Toys R Us had their 50% off clearance (and Becky Gomez called and clued me in on it - as I had no idea!) and I picked up both of these outfits (and much more! LOL) and including the shoes (that I got online) I paid less than $10 for EVERYTHING! They only had 1 pair of the jeans that lexi's wearing (on the right) and I'm bummed b/c I think they are just toooo cute!

7 comments:

Alli said...

Your girls are GORGEOUS - seriously, such pretty babies!!

Melissa said...

Hello, photographer! The pics look amazing. The jeans are adorable and at an adorable price too. That always makes me like them more :) I'm so glad for you that John is home...Hyrum leaves me for 8 days this month, so I'll just keep telling myself: shandy did it, shandy did it...

Kristy said...

5 months already..wow! They are so beautiful!!

Busy Lady said...

Those girls are too cute!! You have some mad photography skills lady! Do you ever take pictures of other people's kids? I am seriously lacking in the photography area. Way cute clothes on the girls. Girls are so much fun to dress....

The Legg Fam said...

The girls are so cute. You are going to need their Dad AND their brothers as well as a BIG gun to keep the boys away.

Jill said...

Shandy, such cute pictures of your girls!! You are such a talented lady!!

Unknown said...

I miss you. Time is flying by too fast. The whole dang family is good looking. I do love the pictures you girls let you take of them :) And a big thank you for saying such a nice thing about me (Alli called me and directed me to it.)