homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 5, 2008

computer woes

Our laptop has been giving me a coronary lately... I never know if "today is the day it will die"... ok, not quite that bad.. but still. Well, tonight I had the EHD hooked up downloading some swass digital goodies and thought to myself... "I really should back up all of the photos of the girls" - Since their birth I have taken close to 9,000 pics (of course I don't keep all of them.. I select only the ones I like - on a typical 100+ photo shoot.. I'll only keep about 10 or so...) so basically I had roughly 900 photos of our whole family for the last 4 months. I kid you not... 3 seconds after it got done transferring to the EHD.... I got the black screen of death! :( :( I hurried and plugged in the EHD into the boys desktop and thankfully EVERYTHING transferred successfully so I am feeling L.U.C.K.Y.! Plus, just tonight I uploaded about 90% of my digital scrapbook layouts to an online publisher -- so they're *safe* as well! I know that we will be able to recover everything just fine (since we have always been able to in the past) but just knowing I got the pics saved
makes me feel *better*.
So the other day (Wednesday) I had gotten Nathan out of the tub and hadn't gotten him dressed yet (was trying to get the girls dressed and fed, etc) when all of a sudden he jumped up... ran to the bathroom... lifted the lid... peed... closed the lid and then flushed!! I was like "what?! you're ready to start using the potty!" He's not even 2 yet and I'm worried he's just too young. BUT I do know that there's that window of opportunity when it comes to PT - and if you miss it -- it isn't pretty. So the past 2 days we've been staying close to home and working on using the potty. I have to admit.. the 1st day he did fairly well.. but today - he has NO interest in it.. if that's how it is tomorrow.. I think we'll stop and try again in a month or so...
Last month I ordered some little clothes for the girls from The Children's Place clearance. I got these little skirts for $2 and the shirts for like $1.75! This is them this morning ready for the day! John stayed home most of the day to get ready for Drill. I took advantage of him being home to watch Nathan and took the girls to pick up a few things at Walmart. Ok, now the girls hardly EVER cry -- like as in never (unless they're hungry basically) and I can count on 1 hand the times they've both cried simultaniously... but not today... They took turns crying the ENTIRE WM excursion.... Plus, you know you can't fit hardly any items in the cart with 2 carseats! I hadn't planned on getting much but of course kept seeing things that we *needed* and every nook and cranny was stuffed with things - LOL

No comments: