homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 4, 2008

2008 Update

well... I guess now that's 2008 is 75% over with - maybe I should update this blog! My side of the family started up a private blog for all of us to stay connected and I guess I've felt that since I update that quite regularly, I was doing my "blog duties"... but I have had some inquiries about when I was going to get writing on here so my friends could catch up on us... so here it goes.
I'm literally just going to give a BRIEF synopsis about everyone and then just try and post from here on out... Here's a pic of all of my men! Aren't they all just so handsome!? This was taken in July (I think....)

John has been working at his new job since Nov. of last year and so far has really been enjoying it. He's still gone 1-2 times a month with different Army/work obligations but nothing we can't handly :) Of course he's thrilled that the BSU season has officially kicked off! He was gone down to California (he left the end of July) for AT and tore both of his calf muscles on his right leg while there... he was bedridden to the couch for almost 3 weeks! He just went back to work last week! but it seems to be healing nicely and he has *upgraded* from the crutches to just a cane - heheheh. He is also one of the assistand coaches for Seth's Football team - which he really enjoys!

August is 11.5 and started middle school this year. After getting his school ID card, he kept trying to fool Ben and his little friends that he now had his driver's liscence! He's really been into making still photo movies and really does a good job! I might have to link one of them up here soon. He is such a HUGE help with the girls (and with Nathan) and he's really stepped up to being the "big brother" of our bunch!

Seth is 10 and in 5th grade. He and Ben were able to get into one of the magnet schools here that focus on math and technology. He's adapted well (to yet another school change!) and seems to be liking it. He is also in football again this year. They have their first official game of the season this Saturday. He's also been into making movies from still photos and of course video games! He is still just as sweet as ever!

Ben is 6 and started 1st grade this week. He's got 2 little best friends (that are brothers) that just live a few houses down and the 3 of them are inseperable! He is just all boy and is always on some sort of "adventure" - yesterday they went treasure hunting around the block and came home with both pockets full of interesting things! LOL he took Swimming lessons this summer and also learned how to read (my mom - the reading teacher - taught him when she came out to help with the girls).

Nathan is about to have a birthday - next week :) He'll be the big 2! he's a big *blankie* boy (and is quite attached to his binky! eeeks!) He thinks it's fun to try and be like a big boy and chase after his brothers and automatically just includes himself with whatever they're doing. I really thought he'd have a big adjustment when the girls were born (he was 19.5 months when they were born...) but he has taken them under his wing and is seriously the sweetest to them! He also LOVES throwing and catching balls (any kind... but mostly footballs).

As for me... I gave birth to twins. big twins at that! enough said.just kidding... actually things have gone SOOOO MUCH better than either John or I had anticipated. Truthfully, we both think it is so fun to have twins and think that all children should come in pairs! LOL I've taken a little break from designing (I actually started my *break* back in February - by that point I just didn't have the energy to keep it up anymore) but am planning on getting back to it here before too long. Besides my own personal store, I've been approached to sell at another digital store and have pretty much accepted their offer :) I'll tell you more about it as it gets closer...

and last, but not least.... the girls! Aubrie and Lexi are now over 4 months old and doing just as well as can be! They are both about 13 pounds right now. Lexi started rolling over (she does both back to tummy and tummy to back) but Aubrie is showing no interest - LOL. So if I ever leave them on the couch, I always put Aubrie next to the edge to be a barricade for Lex :) A typical day is like this:

6:30am - up and quick bottle before heading out the door for our morning walk at 6:50 with Tina.

7:30-8:30 - we're back from our walk and they just hang out while I scramble around getting everyone off to school

8:30-11:30 - they both take a morning nap

11:30 - eat

11:45-1:30 - play time. We sing together, they'll have tummy time, swing, interact with each other in their bumbo's or just snuggle (my favorite!)

1:30-4:00 - afternoon nap

4:00 - eat and then more play time (at this point, everyone's home from school and the boys will often times "play" with them while I'm getting dinner ready)

5:30 - bath time and then thier bedtime bottle

6:00 - off to bed

Aubrie has been sleeping through the night (6pm - 6:30am) for about 6-7 weeks now (hooray!) and Lexi gets up 1-2x's a night for a bottle. Then the next day we get up and pretty much do the same thing. They really are such a joy and a blessing to us! I take so many photos of them it isn't even funny! Last month alone, I took over 3,000 photos of them! Thank goodness for digital technology - hehehhe... Here are some pics that I took this week with a feather boa that john's mom brought for me to wear at my birthday dinner last week. Aren't they too sweet!


and just in case these weren't enough photos for you of (of the girls).. here Part 1 of their First year video I'm making...


1 comment:

Cooksalot said...

Nice to see an update from you. I've been wondering how you and the kids have been doing.