homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 18, 2008

update from the sickies....


I can honestly say that I now know what many moms of multiples feel like (I belong to a twins forum and read on a daily basis on how moms can't ever get anything done because the babies cry, whine, want to be held, etc.. and that so isn't my case - but after yesterday... I got a small glimpse of what some of those troopers go through on a daily basis!)
Yesterday was not a happy day in the Vogt home... things turned a bit worse and Seth started throwing up in the afternoon and both babies were so miserable and they weren't happy unless someone was holding them and walking around! So basically I had to set the oven timer for 20 min. intervals and the 2 older boys (even though they were sick themselves) took turns walking a baby while I continually had one in my arms -- yeah, I was sooo ready when 6pm hit and they went to bed! (I was also VERY grateful to my friend who had called earlier in the day to see if I could babysit - but the upon hearing how my day was going offered to bring me dinner! It's really hard for me to accept service but after her insistance - I hung up the phone very relieved to not have to worry about dinner! Thanks Cindi!) Today I'm happy to report that (although they're not "back to normal") they are significantly better and are content in their jumperoo's or crawling around on the floor. Poor miss Aubrie still doesn't feel so good and has a very sad look on her face - that's why I had to go find a happy picture of her! When I took this picture of her she was all smiles and giggles! Can't wait for those to return :)

9 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I am so sorry. I can't even imagion what that must be like. I hope they get to feel better very soon.

Amy Springen said...

Yuck...it is so miserable when the kids are sick. Mine were all sick 2weeks ago...no fun! Hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

The Legg Fam said...

So glad to hear they are all felling better!! This nasty flu is one for the record books. I subbed at the kids school today and they had 8 kids gone,( just in Audra's class) and 2 more left before school got out.

Cindi said...

I was thinking of you today Shandy. I am glad to hear that things are getting better. I will call tomorrow to see what I can do to help you get ready for your trip. So be thinking - I won't take "no thank you". LOL

Amber said...

I so would love to help you anytime! Please do not hesitate to call me EVER!! I really am bad about calling people because my brain does not work so well. Please Please call anytime you need help. I would love to come over and help anytime you need it, even when you have sick kiddos.

Lynette said...

I am sooo glad to hear that everyone is feeling better!!! I can't imagine how to handle all the sick little ones! You are a trooper...big time!!!

Sara said...

I am so sorry you are feeling under the weather. That is no fun at all! Best wishes, I hope you all are feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Shandy, will you send me your address & Kathryn & J.R.'s too? (shawn_brittany@hotmail.com) Jared's is the only one I have & I know the rest of you don't want to miss my Christmas card (ha ha - I used Vista Print too & am not crazy about the color, but the price was good!) Actually I'm hoping if I send mine I'll get some from the rest of you so I know what you're up to! Although you put me to shame. How can you possibly do so much? Thanks!

IkeaGoddess said...

Oh no, a house full of sick kids - poor Shandy. I hope you are all feeling better soon.