homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Duck Hunting/Why I'm Awesome/Calling Out All the Ladies

So whenever Shandy posts one of her many accomplishments, praise gets heaped upon her (and rightfully so, she's awesome.) She gets like 10-15 posts commenting on how awesome she is (again, I agree.) Now whenever I post something, I get 0-3 posts. I'm calling you ladies out.

I rule. You're deflating my ego. So I'm calling out you non-comment leaving readers. You know who you are (don't make me name names).

Yesterday me and some fellas from work drove a few hours up to Lake Cascade and went duck/goose hunting. We weren't overly successful but did get three birds. The lake was pretty low and so to get anywhere near the water meant that we lost all cover and concealment. Here are a few pics.

Lake Cascade at about 8:00. It had finally stopped snowing and had warmed up to about 20 degrees.
One set of our decoys

Pete and his boys with their old lab, Bailey. Rick is in the background.

Ryan goes a little more than I do.
I look like a sexy Eskimo
Pete retrieving his decoys


She was delicious. Shandy broiled her up with some lemon pepper.

And there you have it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I usually think ducks are cute, but good for you. I hope it was fun though "warming up to 20 degrees" sound too cold for me. PS-I should have commented on the Twilight post. You're a good man to go, but more surprising that you liked it.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Yes your wife is awesome. I am writting you this comment but really it's all about the wife :) Cool pictures, it looks really beautiful there.

Alli said...

Joel laughed at your sexy eskimo picture. He says hi. He misses you. I guess I miss you too :-).

The Legg Fam said...

Looks like you gus had a fun time. Way to cold for any of the Legg group.We got a good laugh at the "sexy eskimo" pic.

Amber said...

I do have to say that you took some really great photos. Those ducks on the water are really pretty. Then you see the dead one..how sad! lol

Lynette said...

I didn't know you were a hunter!!! Nice sexy eskimo pics!!! I think we needed chest hair!!!

Congrats on the duck!!!

Busy Lady said...

I liked the sexy Eskimo comment, too funny!! Your wife is pretty awesome, but I do love your pictures. I personally don't like duck (too greasy) but good for you for getting out there and getting it done! You are brave, but nothing is as gutsy as some of those pictures of you with paint on your face, I love it!! Of course Shandy would have to have a fun husband right?!

Rummfor5 said...

guns and carnage don't excite the ladies.
Especially when it involves cute little animals or feathered friends.
SHANDY *IS* awesome for cooking up your duck ;)

BCoburn said...

Well maybe the lack of comments on other blogs nets you your total comments on this blog. Man up, you big wimp. Go Broncos, Go Steelers, oh and by the way Karla also knows the mother of Nanee. Shandy, nice blog, your great. Can I promise Emily 3 free tutorials for Christmas, call me, lets talk.