homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Sweet Seth

The older boys haven't been getting much "blog time" lately so thought I'd share a few of my thoughts on my second son - Seth.

During my pregnancy with him I had several really neat experiences that let me know that he was going to be a special little spirit from heaven joining our family. He is so obedient and mindful and very much a peacmaker! Whenever we ask the boys to do something (whether it be their chores, homework, grab a baby, etc...) Seth will jump up immediately and do it! (none of our other boys seem to want to follow his lead and we have to ask like a bazillion times - yikes!) The other day I was tending to Nathan (poor boy has yet another double ear infection!) and I was saying how I wasn't able to get to the list of things I wanted to get done - like the vacuuming) and the next thing I know - I hear the vacuum going on upstairs! He had dragged our vacuum (which is a heavly ol' Kirby) up the stairs and was helping me out - he is just sooooo sweet! He is extremely bright and at every parent teacher conference the teacher tells me how she wishes she had a whole classroom of Seths :) He is such a well rounded, well balanced boy who I KNOW is going to make some girl so happy in this life! I'm so proud of him and how hard he works at the things that will help him become a better person - oh, it's funny too - he's getting to the point where John and I embarass him (especially if I ever try to sing or dance to the Hannah Montannah theme song (which for some reason about drives him over the edge - LOLOL)

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on about my sweet boy....

8 comments:

Kerrie said...

Seth is so sweet, and the picture is sweet too. Isn't it great to be able to take a few minutes to write things like this down. One day, he will really appreciate it.

Lynette said...

I am sure you know what a soft spot I have for Seth!!! That kid...well, I love all your kids but he has long been my FAV!!! He does has such a kind and loving spirit and thoses eyes of his!!! I can't take it. I just love the kid!!! Very cool of you to share a few thoughts on that sweet boy! Love the pic too!!!

Alli said...

Sounds like he's going to be a great father and husband just like his dad! Hope to see you guys Saturday!!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That is so neat! He sounds like such a thoughtful boy.

Unknown said...

You do have great boys! I always loved Seth's stories (spiritual ones) in primary. He amazed me. Or is it, amazes me. I would have cried about the vacuuming. It would have felt like an early Christmas present.

Busy Lady said...

I totally agree, he is a very sweet boy and was so great in scouts, we miss him!! All of your kids are great, but it is so nice to have one that hears your needs and helps out. My second boy is like that too, maybe there is something about the second born.....

The Legg Fam said...

You can ramble on about your kids for as long as you want. They are GREAT kids, and you guys are doing a GREAT job as parents.

Handsfullmom said...

Ah, that is sweet. I have one child like that, but she's female. My boys take a bit more effort on my part to get them to do anything.