homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Party, girlies things and deals

We had John's Christmas party for the unit that he's the commander for - The December Drill weekend is always my favorite of the year because it's a shortened drill and part of it involves the families all attending the party! They decided to have some different stations set up for the kids with camo face painting, a station where the kids could put on all of the body armor and gear and hold a real machine gun (unloaded of course...) Here's a picture of Ben all decked out - he could only handle all of this one for like 3 minutes and then he was like "It's too heavy!" They also gave kids rides in armored personnel carriers and the boys thought that was FUN! and of course there was lots of food! yummy food I might add... Since John was in charge of it he wasn't "right there" with me so I just let the boys go get some food for themselves and this is what Ben came back with!!




On Friday night I had gone over to an Open House that 2 of my SUPER TALENTED friends were having and found some awesome stuff for the girls! Janiece (sewmanybows@yahoo.com) made the hats and bows that the girls are wearing! I got sooo many compliments on them and then Jenny (jenny@babybellajewelry.com) made the beautiful bracelets! I love them all! and the funnest part is that the girls bracelets have little charms on them and Aubrie's says "Big Sis" and Lexi's says "Lil Sis"! isn't that a hoot!? I think they're so adorable that I had to get an upclose picture of them! Plus, I couldn't resist getting some photos of the girls all ready for the party -- but they were both so fascinated with each others bows that when I'd get one looking at the camera - the other would be eyeing the others bows - LOL... oh well... they're cute and fun and I love them! of course the only way I could get a good shot of the bracelets was while they were eating... so excuse the bottles - heheheh



... and then just one more thing - remember the gorgeous Christ pictures that I told everyone about at Costco... well, on Thursday, my 2 arrived!! I was soooo excited but when I opened the big one (that was to be of Jesus stepping out of the tomb entitled "He Is Risen") I opened it up to find <--- this picture of Christ (In His Glory)... At first I was pretty bummed! but then the more I looked at it I actually liked it better! and so I hung it up in the spot that I had appointed and love it!! but I figured I'd better let culturalhall.com and let them know of the mixup and guess what they said... they're sending me the correct one AND I get to keep this one! I'm so excited! It was already a good deal and now it's doubly good!

13 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE those cute little hats and bows! Did your friend crochet them? And that picture of Christ is beautiful! What a great deal you got!

Kristy said...

You find the greatest deals! the pictures of Christ are awesome. Also I LOVE the girls hats!! To cute!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

The girls look far cutier than I can describe! I love the hats and the bracelets are so cool. What a great deal on the pictures too!

Jamie and Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli said...

I was worried about getting the wrong picture and now I'm thinking I wish I had. LOL

Cute, cute, cute girls!!! Love the hats, love the bracelets, love it all!

Cindi said...

The girls look fabulous in their attire! I wish Paige would wear bows or hats, but she hates having her hair done. Nails and jewelry - well that is awhole different story! Great pics of the girlies!
I love that picture of Christ, that's a good mess up and now you get the original you ordered to boot. Fantastic!

Lynette said...

Sheesh....LUCKY!!! Cute hats, cute bacelets, and cute lil girls!! And...2X the pix to boot? Girl...you are too lucky!!! Guess you deserve it!!! Love ya!!!

The Legg Fam said...

The girls look so cute in the hats and bracelets. The picture of Christ is so wonderfull, love that you are getting 2 wonderfull pictures. Have you picked out a spot for your free one?

Amber said...

Love the hats and braclets:) Ok, So I have the He is Risen comming too, I only HOPE I'm as LUCKY as you...He He!

IkeaGoddess said...

The hats are adorable and the girls look so cute all in red. I love that color burst. Like how you left the color on the bracelets and changed the rest into b/w - nice effect :-)

Anonymous said...

Those girls are the cutest things in those hats. And the red is just so darn festive.

Busy Lady said...

Okay I love those hats! Your girls look cute in anything though. Such cuties! Jenny's bracelets are so hard to pass up, I have many of them for Breanna and I. Girls are so much fun aren't they?! And you have twice the fun!!

Rummfor5 said...

I love how the girls are looking at each other :)
they are super delicious in their outfits :)
* * * *
How is it that you've all the luck?
You always seem to be getting the lucky deals. Although I don't envy it one bit because you deserve it and I love ya!