homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 6, 2007

blog Challenge #12

I told all the gals who participate in these challenges that it will be hard to beat #11 (we all had a total blast with that one!). Today challenge is all about our names. The story behind it, what it means, do we like it, etc, etc...

My full name is Shandalyce Fae.
Most people have a hard time pronouncing my name (especially telemarketers - LOL). Just so you know - it's prounounced Shan-da-leece. I get called Shand-alis alot. But I have always gone by Shandy.
My parents couldn't decide on what to call me. My dad wanted "Shandy" and my mom wanted "Alyce"... so, they did what any normal young american did in the 70's and combined the two :) Unique and original. I have never met another Shandalyce. In fact I've never met another Shandy (I've seen them on TV and whatnot.. but never met one in person...) I think it's pretty cool and I never get confused with other people - so that's a plus, right?
My middle name, Fae, was given to me after my grandma (my dad's mom).

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Originality is good

But confounding telemarketers

PRICELESS!!

wendy said...

I agree with Lisa...would be a good reason to say "nope, she doesn't live here"

Rachael said...

Neat story!!

One of the chicks that does that late night GSN game show, her name is Shandy. I think she was a Miss America or something. She's probably not a Shandalyse though!

Kimberly said...

can i start calling you shandalyce? sheesh. is that how you even spell it? too lazy to go back and doublecheck! that is a beautiful and unique name. just like you!

Christy said...

Oh what great name you have. I often wondered where Shandy came from.

Patrice~ said...

Oh Shandy, your name is absolutley melodic - I love it! It is so beautiful and feminine - very unique and fits you to a 'tee'.
Patrice.

Lynn said...

Awesome name! I love how your parents just combined the two names. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I've heard this story before-- many years ago :)

The boys are so handsome (that baby!! ooh he's just edible.)
You look so happy. I love how you live your life. It just makes me smile to read these entries.

You look as beautiful as you always were. You deserve to feel so great, for working so hard.