homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 5, 2007

BIG LOSER


some days all the hard work of losing weight just totally PAYS off... literally! As in $$. I entered a 30 day weight loss challenge at my gym and there was a pot of $100 to be won. We decided to split it between the top 3 losers (in respects to total % body weight loss). First place would get 60%, 2nd place gets 30% and 3rd place would take the remaining 10%. I was really aiming to get first place but sadly that didn't happen. I did end up taking 3rd though and so am quite pleased! I also had them do my measurements and figure out my body % and I'm SO THRILLED with the results. Ok.. so from when I was initially measure in January 2005 to my measurements today I have lost a total of 38.5 inches!! That's over 3 feet of me that is gone! Almost 2 feet of that is gone from my whole mid section (which is my *trouble* spot) with between 7-9" gone off my abs, waist and hips each. I was just so EXCITED. I've also lost a total of 15% body fat! I am actually in the "normal" range for a woman my age! How cool is that? and a total of 54 pounds. I feel soooooo awesome! I feel so empowered! I feel so like ME! This is who I am. So when John got home I had him take a "visual" picture of me holding a tape measurer around my waist at where it used to be (don't think the picture turned out all that great and you can't really see how far I'm holding out the tape.. but oh well.. you get the idea!).



Also... I've accepted a postion at Elemental Scraps.com to be on their Element Team (for designing) and they needed a headshot and bio for their home page... so, John and I set up a little "studio" in the backyard and went at it! We had so much fun. A blast really! Here are 2 of my favorites. I'm going to be doing a scrapbook page with all the outtakes - which should prove to be fun! So stayed tuned for that. I went with the one on the left to be featured at the site...
woohoo for fun, new photos of me (that actually turned out cute! - hee hee)
and can I just say...
I LOVE MY HAIR!

11 comments:

sara :) said...

Ok Shandy. Now that I've seen the hair in even greater detail, it is SO what I want done! I will be asking for the 'Shandy' if my hack job ever grows out enough.

And holy cow! Congrats on your big loss! That's got to feel great. I totally need to start doing something-especially now that the weather is turning nice and I can't wear my cardigans to hide the spare tire..

Lynn said...

CONGRATULATIONS on such a wonderful job with your weight loss! I'm so proud of you! You are so inspiring!

Rachael said...

Congrats Shandy! you look awesome!! Such an inspiration!!

love your headshots!

wendy said...

Congrats on your weight loss..you look GREAT!!!! and I LOVE your new "do" on you!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Shandy...seriously what you have accomplished is so FLIPPIN awesome. You really are an inspiration, on and off the page!

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

WOW!! Great job girl, your weight loss is inspiring to me. You look great!!

Kimberly said...

okay. girlfriend. you have no idea how proud of you i am and i have never even officially 'met' you. what you have done is totally and completely awesome. be proud of yourself. own it. you are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Shandy you looks FANTASTIC!
You should be so very proud of yourself!
You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Shandy, I am soooo very proud of you! What a great job you have done. You are sooo cute and I really LOVE your hair too.

Congrats on the design position, that is awesome and I love your new pics!

Unknown said...

Shandy,
You have always inspired me. You're weight loss is just another example. Thanks for sharing your journey with me.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.