homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentines Prep...

so yesterday my second oldest ds was home from school sick and Martha Stewart living came on and they were showing some different "quick" valentine ideas. They shared this one where you take a pic of your child and put in on a 2x3 card and fold that in half to become the "topper" to a little bag filled with candy. I thought - I CAN DO THAT! and that would be so cute. So when my other ds got home from school I asked them both if they'd like those type of valentines this year to pass out and they both thought that'd be pretty cool (yes, I STILL hadn't gotten any boxed ones yet - eeeks!)... anyway, so after they're in bed, I make some up in photoshop and they were adorable! -- as you can see from this first photo. Well... when they get up this morning, they see the printed out cards on the kitchen table and I hear them talking about how they are going to be SOOOOO EMBARRASSED by these Valentines day Cards! LOL But then Seth says - but mom worked so hard on them, I'm just going to pass them out anyway - even though I'm going to be so embarrassed! (what a good son he is :) -- Well, they didn't actually take all that long so I decided once they got home, we'd work on some nes ones that they'd actually like, which not surprisingly, turned out to be POKEMON ones! (of course, Ben didn't care and thought his looked cool with his picture on them!). So for 3 hours after school, we designed, printed, labeled and stapled these valentines together. They are so excited to hand these out and keep talking about how COOL they are. I DID talk them into handing one of the pictured ones to their teachers. We'll also use those ones for grandparents, etc... So here are the *new* and *not embarrassing* Valentine's!

No comments: