homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 13, 2009

a Valentines Box?

hmmm... now what could that contraption be that Seth is posing with... Would you beleive his Valentines Day "box"....
His class was having a contest and would be judged in 3 areas...(1) funniest (2) most "valentine-ish" <-- is that even a word?? oh well... and (3) Teacher's Favorite he came home with grand plans (and design) of a man bending over and you put the valentine in the back of his head and then he "threw it up" out of his mouth into a bowl... yeah, I had to shoot that one down... but I told him that dad might know how to construct it... he didn't. So then they decided on a Battering Ram (ok.. not even sure that's how it's spelled...) so they went to work on it.. the posts weren't made big enough so in the end it didn't "ram"... Seth was so sad. So on the morning of the party, he was going to leave empty handed... when I suggested that it sort of looked like a Mechanical Bull.. and why not tweak it to be such! He was thrilled... so we hurried and put the final touches on it and his Mechanical bull Valentines Box was ready! He ended up taking 2nd in 2 of the categories - he would have like first but said everyone thought his was pretty cool....

Also - out of all my boys - he is the only one who really enjoys reading... We've been going to the library lately and a few weeks ago he brought me his "pile" of books.. I tried to tell him that 10 was too many for us to keep track of and he should just narrow it down to 3-4. He insisted that he could read them all before our next trip.. so I conceded. Well, turns out he thought he only had them for a week (like at school) and so read ALL of them in a week!
crazy boy.. I wonder how many nights he stayed up reading these to prove me wrong - LOL



4 comments:

Busy Lady said...

Very cool Valentine's box!! I miss those days when my kid's teachers had them make boxes for Valentine's Day. One year my boy made a Frankenstein box that was so funny!! Good job on all of that reading Seth, what a smartie!!

Oh and I love the blast from the past post below. Boy does Jon look different with hair! I can't believe he had an earring, he must have gotten so teased in the military. How you both have changed!!!

The Legg Fam said...

Love the Valentine's box. So creative!!
I totally get the reading thing. Audra can go through books like most people go through T.P.
Love the pictures of you guys. What a blast to the past.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That is the coolest Valentines box ever! What a great idea, I would have never thought of that.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That is the coolest Valentines box ever! What a great idea, I would have never thought of that.