homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Update...

Well, it has been a VERY rough couple of weeks. The Rotavirus hit us and I have been dealing with throw up and diarhea for 13 straight days! no exageration! Aubrie, Lexi and Nathan were sick for almost 2 full weeks! - but I am soooo happy to report that I *think* it has ran its course and it has decided to leave the Vogt house! HOORAY! The rest of us got it as well - but were only down for 1-2 days. let me tell you how (NOT) fun having a family of 8 all sick at the same time is! it was rough - I can't even put into words how awful it was - LOL so enough about that (but on a final note: we went through 2.5 JUMBO packages of diapers for the girls and can I just say that I am so glad that Nathan got potty trained last month! oh, and we also did take Lex in to the ER at one point to get rehydrated... and both girls and Nathan lost weight (which they didn't really have to begin with to loose... oh well...) I'm just thankful, they are acting like themselves. It is such a blessing to see them get down and play with each other (no joke - for the past 2 weeks, if Lexi was awake - she would just lay on my chest.. she maybe got down once or twice during those 13 days -- it was sad :( Sooo... since it was so wonderful to see them smiling and cralwing around I hurry and busted out the camera to get commemorate - LOL
(that middle pic of Aubrie is my favorite -- it makes me giggle everytime I see it! HEEE!)

During all of the sickness, life still went on for the rest of us thought... Seth had to give a HUGE oral/power point presentation (that he'd been working on for about 7 weeks) on George Rogers Clark... here he is the morning he was to present in front of the judges. He did really well and was happy with his performance - he had the whole report memorized and gave it in a 1st person narrative - which everyone loved :) Doesn't he look adorable!?

It was also the Blue and Gold Banquet... For the Father/Son Cake - John and Seth decided on doing a hamburger cake... we all think it turned out fun! I did not help whatsoever in the building of this -- they were so proud of themselves!

He also got the prize of "Most Edible" for his cake...



It was also Ben's 7th Birthday this week! He took in cupcakes to his class at school and he got Sonic for dinner that night. We had his friend party yesterday (Saturday). We took them all to Carl's Jr and they had Kids Meals and played in the playland (thought this would be MUCH easier to let them run around and be wild at the restraunt vs. entertaining them at our house! -- turned out to be a wise decision - LOL
then afterwards, we came home and had cake/ice cream and openedgifts. oh, they also played some video games on the Wii. Here's the pic of the cake we had made for him - He thought it turned out pretty cool!
He got the Hulk Abomination Blaster from grandma and grandpa... as you can see, it's quite the gun! It splits off and you can have 2 seperate guns as well -- so all of the boys (and John!) have been having a blast playing with it!








So now that brings us up to Spring Break (and Track Break for Seth and Ben...) I also need to get caught up on all of your blogs - I seriously haven't had the time the past few weeks and have missed reading about everyone! Have a great Spring Break :)

13 comments:

springrose said...

Sorry everyone has been so sick! Glad it has skipped us so far!! Knock on wood! I wondered if someone was sick or you guys were out of town, or you only blog once a month..hehe! Just kidding! Hope you all get back to normal quickly!

Alli said...

I'm so glad you're all feeling better - I can't even begin to imagine how awful your weeks have been with all the sickies.

Have Gus call Joel - he's home by himself this week and my mom's really sick in the hospital. It's bringing back lots of terrible memories and he could use his friend.

Love ya.

Amy Springen said...

So glad you guys are doing better. I love the hamburger cake. That is pretty awesome...great job "boys!"

Stephanie said...

I am so happy to see you updating your blog again. I know things have been rough around there. The cake is even better than I imagined. They really did an excellent job. The girls are just adorable.

The Legg Fam said...

So gld you guys are feeling better. The girls look so cute in the pictures.
Love the hamburger cake. "Way to go guys."
Sounds like a fun birtday party, and looks like a cool report.

Amy said...

I wondered what happened to you guys. You just dropped off the face of the earth! Rotovirus will do that to you! It SUCKS! We had a bout of it go thru our house when I was pregnant with Katy...pregnancy and rotovirus is not a good combo!
It does sound like you were still able to do some stuff. I can't believe how grown up all of your kids are getting! Love the gun that Ben got! I'll have to show it to Garrett he will be so jelous!
Hope you are all on the mend and no more nasty illnesses!

Handsfullmom said...

That cake is amazing! Your girls are as cute as ever.

Kristy said...

I am soooo glad you guys are feeling better. we had sickness for a while, but as bad as you...I am glad you survived! Isn't it the pitts that life has to continue even when you are sick?!

Kimberly said...

i am glad you are all finally well.
love all the photos.
the cake? wow. they did a great job.

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Sounds like a busy time at your house. That hamburger cake is amazing and for Seth to memorize his speech like that, I am totally impressed!

Sounds like Ben had a fabulous birthday too

WHEW I can only imagine how relieved you are to have everyone well again.

Enjoy the weekend, hope you are having beautiful blue sky and sunshine today, we are and I am heading OUTSIDE! lol

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Wow, what a horrible thing. . . we were sick over spring break, but nothing like what you guys went through! And that cake was AWESOME!! If we ever do that here, I'm saving your pics for an idea. . . good job, guys!! Very cool. Glad you're all well! Sarah

Busy Lady said...

How did you do all that with 3 sick kids?! You are truly amazing! I guess life goes on no matter what right? I'm glad they are feeling better and you can have a healthy house again.

Christi said...

look at that cake - move over Duff the Vogts are in town!!