homePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blog Challenges #'s 25-27

yep.. so I'm slacking...
challenge 25 was to tell what we did for NSD (National Scrapbook Day - which was last Saturday - May 5)... we were to share our favorite creation we made that day... My most favorite was the Bronco Layout of little Nathan (that's already posted in the next post down... ) so I thought I'd go ahead and share the other thing I made that day... the visual for my Creative Team - the Swass Posse... Here they are! and here's the Guest Spots this month as well...













Challenge #27 is to tell a joke or something funny... so here's a story that makes me giggle -- ok.. laugh big time!! About 4 years ago I was just getting into hanging out at Scrapping sites... one of my firsts was at ScrappersIsland.com (in fact, that was my first Design Team gig - hee hee)... well, after I'd been on the site for about 5 months a new person registered named "Scrapppy21"... and this person proceeds to start making occassional posts - and all them COMPLETELY OUT THERE!! LIKE BIG TIME!!! for instance in her second posts, she tells how her only friend (her cat - Mr. Tibbles) got run over by an elderly man on a Hooveround type scooter... and tells how she carries Mr. Tibbles ashes everywhere she goes. Oh, she also posted a digital Lo that she created in paint of her new BF (that got deleted by the owner -- but it was HILARIOUS -- her boyfriend was the guy from THE MUMMY - his name is Arnold (can't reember his last name)... YOU HAVE to click here to read her post entiteld I'm totally devastated and here's the link for Greetings From Hollywood and here for more reading about Guess who's back?!? -- they are ALL quite entertaining.. she has many more if you'd like to do a member search for her there (I'm surprised that she didn't get deleted...).. Anyway, so this goes on for a good month or so and I am always telling John how the TROLL was posting blatent lies on Scrappers Island! He kept trying to say "but what if she's for real.. wouldn't you feel bad?" i was like "there is nooooo way, she's real!!!".... anway... so fast forward a bit and JOhn and i were hauling out our old couch to take to the dump when he says... "I have something to tell you..." and I was like "ok..what.." He pauses and then says... "I'm Scrapppy21"!!!!!! I literally dropped my end of the couch and fell onto one of the cushions and died laughing!! I thought that was brilliant!!!! I couldn't beleive that he did that! and even going so far as to do up a digital LO -- it was hilarious!!!! Anyway... after that - Sharonda (aka Scrapppy21) never made another appearance.
EDITED: alright.. just for those of you who have nothing better to do at this moment and need some entertainment.. HERE is the link to take you to Scrapppy21's full posting archive (where you can follow her on her journey with America's Next Top Model and all sorts of craziness!!)...

Challenge 27...

We are to tell (or show) some of our favorite fonts. It's a given I LOVE Century Gothic so thought I'd share 3 others ... here they are! They are each free fonts.. sorry don't have the links handy but you can do a google search and find them :)

11 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my!! LOL Too funny!!!

Patrice~ said...

Hilarious, Shandy!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!

I can't believe that you NEVER told me that story before! I'm totally cracking up over here...hopefully Troy and the kids won't wake up. lol.

John really gets around to a lot of message boards, huh? Especially when he has something important to talk about...like Liberators and such. hee hee.

Thanks for the laugh tonight!!

and p.s. I *heart* Century Gothic!

Jenn~ said...

Too funny, Shandy! I can't imagine my dh coming NEAR a message board!

Rachael said...

Oooh, love your font choices! :)

Yvette said...

Oh so funny. Your DH sounds like such a nut, in a nice way of course. Like Jenn, my DH would never go anywhere near a message board. You must kead a very entertaining life with him around.

Anonymous said...

greetings from germany . my name is andrea and very new here wuithb the scrps .. but notic e . cant go away
you did a good jaob . thanks

Kimberly said...

shandy...shandy...shandy.....stop being so busy. ;) just wanted to say hi...so...HI! lol..

Lisa said...

ROFLMBO....now THAT is a man with a sense of humor!

Heidabelle said...

okay, remember the "club foot?" So funny. After Gus posted as Scrappy, he'd call and we'd get online and read it together.

I miss you guys!

PS I think I'm having another kidney stone. Boo!

HG said...

That's too funny and so cute how your DH did that :)